I'm Will, an undergrad in CS at UIUC. My interests within CS currently lean towards data and backend engineering related topics, but I'm interested in a lot of things. I also enjoy listening to music in hammocks, eating breakfast food, and working towards my goal of visiting all 50 states (only 3 left!).
- Summer 2017 | Currently looking for an internship – check out my resume!
- Summer 2016 | RetailMeNot, Software Engineering Intern
- 2014 - 2015 | Techwurk.org, Cofounder, Executive Director
- Summers 2012 - 2015 | Dayaway Careers, Programming Intern
- Neural Network Text Generator
- Implemented a recurrent neural network architecture to generate coherent English based on a seed phrase.
- Perspective is a Chrome extension that parses a web page looking for textual representations of dollar amounts. It then manipulates the DOM to replace each dollar value with a phrase representing potential charitable impact. For example, a page saying "buy now for $4.99!" would be changed to something like "buy now for enough money to donate an anti-malarial mosquito net! This (small) project was inspired by Peter Singers book, The Most Good You Can Do and FlipWord. If you're intrigued by this project, I'd check out Singer's book!
- Interest Matcher
- Interest Matcher (A.K.A. Chill, chillwithme.xyz) is a location-based web app that facilitates the discovery of events on campus. Chill shares a lot of functionality with Yik Yak, but it is not anonymous. I collaborated with other students to build it during Fall Semester 2015.
- Brick Breaker Free
- In high school I taught myself Android and wrote Brick Breaker Free, a clone of the classic game Breakout. It was downloaded over 100k times.
- I cofounded Techwurk in high school with the goal of helping local charities catch up to the digital age by connecting them with students interested in web design. Through my school's "startup incubator" program, I successfully pitched the idea to a panel of investors, winning a grant to continue to develop the business model.
- Intro to CS (CS 125)
- Freshman Honors (CS 196)
- Discrete Structures (CS 173)
- Data Structures (CS 225)
- Calculus III (MATH 241)
- Neural Network Modeling Lab (PSYC 489)
- Computer Architecture, enrolled Fall 2016 (CS 233)
- System Programming, enrolled Fall 2016 (CS 241)
- Applied Linear Algebra, enrolled Fall 2016 (MATH 415)
Blog Posts (New as of Aug 2016!)
- My App Marketing Story: 0 to 100k Downloads – the strategy and tactics I used to succesfully publish an Android app
- A Clever Malware Tactic and Why There's Nothing You Can Do About It – how I came across in innovative scam
- Music | Pro Era | Portugal. The Man | ODESZA | The Donkeys
- Movies & TV | Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon | Memento | Silicon Valley | Futurama
- Books | The Most Good You Can Do | Leviathan Wakes | Lone Survivor | The Complete Robot
- Activities | Working out | Surfing Spotify | Reading about startups, tech, & politics