Simply listing my interests doesn’t quite encapsulate everything I’d like to share. Instead, here is a list of the questions that much of my reading and thinking revolves around. Let me know what catches your interest and start a conversation with me! Tell me what questions I should be asking.
- Where do our stated preferences diverge from revealed preferences?
- Is the unexamined life worth living? (context)
- What do panics, especially of the moral and financial varieties, tell us about what’s actually going on?
- Why do we focus so much debate on trivial issues and what can we learn from infosphere’s various importance-focus differentials?
- How should we think about the consistency of our philosophical frameworks and our intuitions? Should we try to rationalize our way to internal consistency or be pluralist and accept that intuition can go beyond pure reason? What are the implications of each viewpoint?
- How do we separate values, policy, and culture? In what ways are they inextricably linked?
- More questions TBD